Monday, May 16, 2011

Trying a New Schedule

I've been seeing other doing this lately and figured I'd give it a try. Normally I have Brianna's work all written down in my planner, specific to what she'll do each day. Usually I've got at least 3-4 weeks planned ahead. I decided to offer to type out all her work for a whole week and she can chose what to do when. Give her a bit of control. I explained to her several times in different ways that she still has to complete ALL of the work and if she skips over all the stuff she doesn't particularly like, she'll be stuck with all of that at the end of the week.

On the schedule above I forgot to add in her daily sheets (grammar, math word problems and handwriting practice), so now her sheet is 2 sheets with bigger font.

She's pretty excited about this new schedule. She actually chose to do all of her daily grammar work AND 2 chapters of math on top of the work she already did today. At this rate she'll have all her school work done by Wednesday!

I really hope this works out to stop her from protesting the "un-liked" work, since she gets to choose when she does it. She's very much a routine-loving child, so I don't know if this will have enough structure for her. I may have to figure out a way for her to at least have *something* to do school-wise everyday if she *were* to actually finish all her work by Wednesday.

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment