Friday, May 13, 2011

52 Books in 52 Weeks - 16

I'm taking part in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge (I'm a few weeks behind in my reviews!)

Week 16's book was The Darwin Awards by Wendy Northcutt

From the book: Commemorating those individuals who ensure the long-term survival of our species by removing themselves from the gene pool in a sublimely idiotic fashion.

***Warning, some very graphic descriptions of death in this book***

That said, I loooooved this book! Some of the stories in the book, you almost can't believe that someone could act so stupidly!

There are also Honorable Mentions, where the person didn't quite succeed in killing themselves, and also personal accounts, some deaths, some still living.

I think this (and the website) are where that show 1001 ways to die sort of stems from. Not for the faint of hearts, but if you have an odd sense of humour, you'll love the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment