Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bare Hand and Foot Gardening


Welcome to my bare foot and hand gardening! I hate both shoes and gloves so this is the only way to go!
It took a while to get clean lol
The flower bed, before
The veggie garden, before (yes we still have spring perennials in)
The veggies all set up where they'll be planted
Brianna's handprint plate with her favorite colored flowers
Veggie garden, after
Flower bed, after
 I am soooo excited for my garden this year! Since we expanded the garden some we had room to add zucchini and spinach this year. And I discovered that zucchini doesn't take up as much room as I always thought it did. I can't wait for things to grow! Especially the lettuce. It'll start being ready to pick around the same time as the green onions (also known as scallions, I believe) and radishes are ready... can you say salad?!

So in total we have:
2 new perennials
2 flats of annuals
3 potato plants
2 rows green onions
2 rows radishes
4 cucumber
1 zucchini
3 rows carrots
2 rows peas
1 row lettuce
1 row spinach
1 jalapeno
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
6 green peppers
2 cherry tomatoes
6 beef steak tomatoes

Oh YUM!

Check out other garden updates at The Homeschool Village

1 comment: