Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roasted Carrots with Garlic and Thyme

Found this awesome recipe through a fellow homeschooling blogger and HAD to make it! OMG it was sooooo yummy! I don't know the calorie count for my diet, but I bet it's better than the roasted potatoes I normally make! I forgot the thyme and used dill instead but it was still great.

2 lbs. baby carrots (or regular carrots, cut into chunks; baby carrots were cheaper at my store)
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
10ish little garlic cloves, unpeeled
generous tsp. dried thyme

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Put the carrots in a 13x9 casserole and toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.  Stick the garlic here and there in the pan.  Sprinkle with thyme.  Add 2 tbsp. water and cover tightly with foil.  Bake under they are as tender as you like, 25-45 minutes.  Check them a couple times to make sure they aren't drying out.  Uncover for the last 5-10 minutes so they can brown a bit, if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment