Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up

Come check out the other weekly wrap-ups at Weird Unsolcialized Homeschoolers!




Monday - I spent the day planning our next few months. With spring coming and Earth Day next month, we'll be focusing a lot on science, specifically seeds and plants.

Tuesday - We did our first Nature Study today. Brianna went from "there's nothing interesting in our backyard" to "can we do this again tomorrow?!" I can't wait til things dry out more so we can go to more woody places.

Wednesday - Today we had a day off for medical reasons. I did start up my own linky though so Nature Studies/Reports/ect... I couldn't find any that ran once a week so I started my own called Wilderness Wednesday! Check it out here and feel free to join in!

Thursday -Another day off for medical reasons. Brianna did get to learn about x-rays and the arm bones/joints. I can see learning about the human body being a fun topic for her, she was just enthralled! We also joined the Lego Creation Thursday for the first time. Check out Brianna's creation here.

Friday - Today was a catch up day. We did more work than normal but it actually got done in less time than normal. As I posted earlier, I've discovered that Brianna NEEDS the added pressure of a time limit. She THRIVES on it. Strange, I think, but if it works, it works!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week with all the medical stuff, hope her arm feels better soon!
    I will go and check out your wilderness wednesday!
    We did lots of nature study last year and the year before, but this year we haven't done any! Instead, we did a lot more art & music appreciation.. I realized I can't do it all, even if I want to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about homeschooling is that the schooling takes place everywhere.

    Ack on the elbow! My tot dislocated hers more than once. The first time we took her to the ER and they said it was nursemaids elbow and showed us how to pop it in because they said it would happen again. They were right. Thankfully my hubby has always been around when it happens because no way am I doing it.

    Sorry that your little one has something more serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your daughter's arm, sounds like you had a productive week in spite of your sleepless night. Hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the well wishes! @Giggly Girls, you're so right, schooling happens everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE love nature study too but don't do it often enough. Sorry about all the medical stuff.

    ReplyDelete