Saturday, March 26, 2011

52 Books in 52 Weeks - 13

I am taking part in the 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge.




This week's book was Shopoholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella

I honestly don't know why I keep reading this author. 80% of the book is piss-me-off-fluff with the last 20% (maybe) being worth the read.

In this book of the Shopoholic series Becky Bloomwood and her boyfriend go to New York for his work. She proceeds to spend a small fortune because you know "foreign money doesn't count". I mean yes, I'm sure some people DO actually think like this. But even the bimbo portrayed in the book supposedly worked for a financial magazine and knows her stuff enough to run a personal finance slot on tv. NO ONE who could do that is as money dumb as the main character. While I know the main character's "flaws" are meant to be cute or funny, I just think they are taken too far into the world of unbelievably stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment