Friday, March 30, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal




The Homeschool Mother's Journal







Linking up with The Homeschool Chick

In my life this week… This week was full of blahs. After having hugely record breaking temps last week to back to normal temps this week and it being overcast/rainy all week, no one has had motivation for anything. 
In our homeschool this week… See above... we got school done this week, but the enthusiasm was craaaaaap.
What’s working/not working for us… I'm still not totally happy with Tanya's current English curriculum. Thankfully it's just "catch up" work, so we won't be stuck with it long, but ugh! It's just so repetitive!
I’m cooking… made quinoa for the first time tonight! VERY interesting! I now want to try out several of the quinoa recipes I have saved!
I’m grateful for… my hubby. We moved on November and school stuff is all over the place (my supposed "school closet" barfed all over my laundry room) and he hasn't even threatened to recycle it all yet! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, gosh, same here! For 2 weeks we had SUMMER here in Maine. Sunny 70s and a few days of low 80s! It was bliss! And now we're back to high 40s and below freezing at night...and rain and snow. What a teaser with the wonderful spring weather and now back to winter! ((sigh)) Spring IS coming though, right?

    Have you tried Scott Foreman's Grammar and Writing Handbook (worksheets) for her English? If you're interested the link is under Helpful Edu-sites on my blog tabs (under the banner). I've found that they aren't quite as repetitive and you can add to the writing portions to make them less or more challenging. (But it doesn't have stories or books to go along with the work.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I'll check out that worksheet site on your blog. Her big problem is grammar. She's got a Gr. 9 reading comprehension level, but her grammar is hovering around Gr. 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use quinoa the same way I use brown rice. Our favorite meal is Mexican rice [or quinoa] Bowls.

    ReplyDelete