Sunday, April 3, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal



The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week... This week I started the C25K program. Pretty excited to get back to running. Not that I was ever really a runner. Just a sprinter, but still. Moving towards a goal is awesome! Especially one that revolves around me for once!

In our homeschool this week... We had a strangely good week! Usually I get a good day here or there, but for the most part out day revolves a lot around me prying Brianna's eyes off the ceiling and back to her work. This week had 2 fan-freaking-tastic days that I would love to repeat on a regular basis.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... Another week of not really doing anything. We did have a little get-together at my sister's last night that allowed the kids to stay up til 11pm, so Brianna would say it was a great places we're going and people we're seeing type of thing

My favorite thing this week was... Tuesday and Friday's easy school days. Hand over the work, set the clock, it's done, next!

What's working/not working for us... Using a time limit is beyond belief working for us. Her French is not. We're starting to run into problems with me not knowing French. And I really have no idea if she knows this word or that so I have no clue if it's a matter of her pissing around or truly not knowing it. Thankfully we're done that book in a few short lessons and are moving to a bilingual series that's a little lower in the level and hopefully gets her back moving.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... Going to a homeschool used book sale tomorrow. Super excited and super nervous. What if these people see me coming from a mile away and charge me more than retail simply cause I have no idea what the stuff is worth? What if I fork out a fortune for stuff that ends up sucking? What if we do a 3 hour round trip and end up not finding anything I want to try?

A photo, video, link, or quote to share... "Just cause you have the right to do something, doesn't mean it's right to do" No reason for this quote, I've just always liked it.

 Come check out the other Mother's Journals at The Homeschool Chick.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun week :) Thanks for stopping by during the UBP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good time at the sale! I think I know the one you were speaking of and unfortunately I missed it this year. I've both shopped and sold at that sale before and I've always enjoyed my experience there. I'm NOT going to miss the conference this year, no matter what! Glad you had such a nice week last week. Best wishes for a good week this week!

    ReplyDelete