Sunday, February 27, 2011

Homeschool Mother's Journal

I found another weekly type of post to hook up with! The Homeschool Mother's Journal over at The Homeschool Chick. Since I have my Weekly Wrap-Up on Friday's, I'll post this on Saturdays or Sundays.


The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week... It was my birthday on Friday. Brianna made me a special treasure box and Lee bought me flowers and took me out to dinner. Bad for the diet, but oh so yummy!

In our homeschool this week... We had a lighter week than normal with Family Day being on Monday, a no sleep day on Wednesday and a finishing up the secret birthday present on Friday. I've been spending all day planning out our Health and Nutrition course.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... On Monday we went to Ottawa to see Sens Skills and go skating on the Rideau Canal. And we had soccer with our homeschool group on Friday.

My favorite thing this week was... Family Day. It's been a while since we had a day to go out with the family.

What's working/not working for us... Our schedule in general has not been working for us. There's been a lot of slacking on both mine and Brianna's part and it's taking too long to get the simplest things done. I've been focusing so much on core subjects that we've had next to no time for fun stuff and it's wearing on us. Boot Camp for both of us starts tomorrow.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... I'm wondering if I should be looking more into typical "homeschool" curriculum or if the teacher-store bought workbooks and a mix of books and websites is good enough. I mean, I know Brianna's learning and I enjoy looking for resources for us to use, but I keep seeing people posting a zillion acronyms for this product or that site and wonder if I should use more main stream homeschool products.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share... 


I love that my children play chess for fun

2 comments:

  1. I followed you from the Homeschool Mother's Journal. I'd say use what works for you. Sometimes it can be overwhelming with all the choices out there for homeschool moms. But some of the stuff is really fun and much easier to use because it's more geared to teaching just one or a few students at a time. Enjoyed reading about your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! We're fairly happy with what we're using right now, and tweaking all the time. I know we're still so new (only 4 mths in) so we have lots of time to explore more typical HS stuff :)

    ReplyDelete